Witnessing the growth of entrepreneurial activities in our region, the Competition aims to provide a platform for HKUST and surrounding community members an integrative learning experience to create and evaluate new business and to prepare students to start their future career in entrepreneurship. Winners of the Competition can use the cash prize as seed money to build their own company or to further the commercialization of their inventions.
Additionally, we will continue to have this competition in 7 different regions including this one in our Clear Water Bay Campus. The 3 winning teams will compete with other winning teams from Beijing, Foshan, Guangzhou, Macau, Shenzhen and Yangtse River Delta in the Grand Final.
- Team Name：The Able Company
- Brief Description：Observe, conserve, serve. The Able Company reintroduces otherwise waste materials into our world, breathing new life into them. Monetizing what WAS waste, we’re changing the world, one step at a time.
- Team Name：Planeteers
- Brief Description：Planeteers aims to revolutionize dining with sustainable culinary experience – incrEDIBLE! We supply edible cutlery to restaurants with the goal of eradicating disposable utensils across Hong Kong.
- Team Name：Point Fit Technology Limited
- Brief Description：In PointFit, we are developing an ultra-thin skin patch that tracks muscle fatigue level through sweat biomarkers so that athlete can understand their body better and adjust their exercise accordingly.