TECH TALK: UNVEILING FACULTY TECHNOLOGIES FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP (2023 SPRING)
7 Feb 2023 23:59
Enquiry Email :
Organised by :
HKUST EC & OKT
Organised by :
HKUST Entrepreneurship Center & Office of Knowledge Transfer
As part of the Tech-Ship Program, which is a platform leveraging the wealth of research talents and outcomes at HKUST to bridge together faculty technologies and student entrepreneurship, the "TECH Talk: Unveiling Faculty Technologies for Entrepreneurship" (TECH Talk) will invite faculty members to introduce their technologies to students who are passionate about exploring technology entrepreneurship opportunities.
1. "TECH Talk" Details
- Date & Time: 10 Feb 2023 (Fri), 2:30pm - 5:00pm
- Format: Each faculty member will give a 15-minute presentation about his/her technology
- Venue: 7028 Incubator(lift 3/4), 7/F Lee Shau Kee Business Building, HKUST or Zoom
If you are interested in joining, please complete the form by 7 Feb 2023 (Tue) 23:59 HKT. Limited quotas only. The Zoom link will be sent to successful registrants on 8 Feb 2023 (Wed).
2. Who should take part?
- Faculty members of any discipline who wish to:
> commercialize their technologies/ research output developed or being developed and
> invite passionate, capable and entrepreneurial students to form startup teams
- Students of any discipline - undergraduates/ postgraduates (taught/ research)- who wish to:
> explore business and entrepreneurial possibilities to merge faculty research with new or existing entrepreneurial development and
> partner with faculty/ research teams for commercializing faculty's technologies/ research output
3. How does it work?
- Faculty members introduce their technologies via a 15-minute presentation in "TECH Talk", in order to inspire students for potential entrepreneurial development.
- After TECH Talk, interested students shall approach faculty members on their own, in order to share and discuss entrepreneurial potential and partnership opportunities; students may also seek the assistance of EC & OKT in connecting with the respective faculty members if necessary.
- Faculty members who have successfully teamed up with students for technopreneurship development will receive a Technopreneurship Award of up to HK$200,000.
- Both the faculty and students will:
also have access to the financial resources and other support provided by Office of Knowledge Transfer (OKT) and Entrepreneurship Center (EC) to facilitate their technopreneurship development and growth