What is Co-ideation Program?
The HKUST x HKSTP Co-Ideation Program is an entrepreneurship supporting program collaborated between the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) and the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), aiming to turn your brilliant ideas into reality and begin your entrepreneurial journey.
Learn the fundamental skills you need to kickstart your business idea. We provide all-round support like designing your business model, focusing on market validation and your technology edge. We guide you every step of the way, to fine-tune your ideas for technical development. We also provide mentor for business advice.
Through the program, startups receive financial support, training and a streamlined path to HKSTP's Incubation program.
- Seed funding: Up to HK$100,000 financial grant
- Coaching: Guidance from HKUST advisors and connect to Mentorship Network
- Training: Topics includes Hong Kong’s startupecosystem, Business modelling, Pitching and investment etc.
- Potential to bridging programs: Prepare for HKSTP incubation admission
- 6-month program
- 3 milestones for teams to achieve (Silver Badge, Gold Badge, Platinum Badge)
We’re looking to cultivate the next generation of entrepreneurs. You are welcome to join Ideation Program if you:
- The team must contain at least one HKUST member (current students, alumni, faculty and staff) AND
- Have an innovative idea supported by R&D and business planning AND
- Are a HKID holder aged 18 and above, OR
- Have a limited company incorporated in Hong Kong for less than 2 years by the application start date, OR
- Individual and team applications are both accepted. (must incorporate a limited company in Hong Kong before the assessment submission of 2nd milestone)
Please note that if you (and any of your team members) are currently joining, or having shareholding in any pre-incubation program or Incubation program, including but not limited to HKSTP Ideation, HKSTP incubation, Cyberport CCMF/CUPP, Cyberport Incubation will not be able to join the program.
The Co-ideation Program admits 2 cohorts per year. Details of the upcoming cohort are as follows:
Cohort 23 (February 2023 Intake)
- Application Period: 17 October 2023 noon to 17 November 2023 noon
- Panel Assessment (shortlisted applicants only): Late November to Mid December 2023
- Result Announcement: Late December 2023
- Program Start Date: 1 February 2024
* Detailed application schedule will be shared with applicants after application submission.