HKUST Dream Builder Incubation Programme (2021/22)
Oct 2021 - Jul 2022
15 Oct 2021 00:00 - 30 Jul 2021 00:00
27 Sep 2021 23:59
Enquiry Email :
Organised by :
HKUST Entrepreneurship Center
Come join this Programme to receive funding, coaching and training, mentorship, and an array of in-kind support to realize your start-up dreams!
With exclusive support from the Programme, admitted start-up teams will be able to achieve the following by the end of the Programme:
- Define and/or confirm business model, customer journey and product design
- Complete proof of concept
- Develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)/ prototype
- Collect/ ready to collect market feedback
- Complete business registration in Hong Kong
What do We Offer to Admitted Start-ups? (Oct 2021 - Jul 2022)
- Seed Fund:
-Up to HKD 20,000 per start-up team; the approved amount is subject to the final budget plan approved
-An additional fund of up to HKD 30,000 (Tech-Ship Incentive Fund) for each start-up project with university technology
- Coaching & Training:
-Training schedule will be announced soon
-Completion requirement: at least 6 sessions
- Mentoring & Networking:
-Admitted start-ups will become members of our mentorHUB community, through which you can get connected with a network of entrepreneurs, industry professionals, investors, etc.
-Completion requirement: at least 3 mentoring sessions/ events/ mixers
- Start-up Space: theBASE (1/F, Lift 29-30)
-Admitted start-ups can leverage theBASE for prototype showcase, start-up promotion, and/or pop-up events
-Completion requirement: make use of theBASE for either of the above at least once
- External Outreach and Public Exposure:
-Start-ups with significant development and achievement over the course of the Programme will be featured in HKUST publications, social media platforms and news media.
-Nominations to external competitions and one-on-one coaching for nominated teams
-Free or discounted tickets to local start-up fairs, exhibitions ad relevant events
- Awards & Opportunities:
-Matching Award for Achievement in External Competitions (up to HKD 10,000)
-"Start-up Stars of the Year"- Top 3 start-ups with greatest achievement/ development in the Programme will be entitled a cash award of HKD 50,000, 20,000, and 10,000 respectively.
-Fast-track to HKUST CombUSTor (Accelerator Programme to be launched in 2022/2023)
-Nomination to HKSTP IDEATION (HKD 100,000), Cyberport University Partnership Programme or Cyberport Creative Micro Fund (HKD 100,000) or Wofoo- Hong Kong SDG Hub Climate Action Recognition Scheme (up to HKD 180,000), depending on the start-up nature
- Individual and team applications are both accepted.
- The principal applicant must be a full-time student (undergraduate or postgraduate; non-Exchange student) of HKUST, while team members (if any) can be HKUST students, alumni or staff.
- If the start-up is already a registered company, the company shall have been registered for no more than three years at the time of application and 51% of shares shall be owned by HKUST current students (full-time/ part-time).
Click here for details of the Programme including funding scope, admission criteria, expected milestones, etc. (Application Guideline, Terms and Conditions)!
How to Apply?
- Click here to apply online by 4 Oct 2021 (previous deadline: 27 Sept 2021), 11:59 p.m.
- Click here to view the application template for your preparation of all required information
- Click here to download the budget template
Info Session: 28 Sept 2021, 12:30pm-1:30pm @ Zoom- Click here to register!