HKUST Fast-track to HKAI LAB Accelerator Program & Online Webinar on 21 Mar 2022
10 Apr 2022 23:59
Enquiry Email :
Organised by :
HKUST Entrepreneurship Center & HKAI LAB
The HKAI LAB Accelerator Program comes to the 7th cohort that offers a twelve-month program focused on empowering startups to develop and commercialize their AI inventions and technologies that are developed at the HKAI LAB. To let potential students and teams to have better understanding the program, an online webinar will be held on 21 Mar 2022 (Mon) to share the trend of AI technology and opportunities for you.
Details of HKUST Fast-track to HKAI LAB Accelerator Program
The Program welcomes HKUST students (individual or team) who are passionate in AI development and have demonstrated technology leadership potential to apply. For those who would like to enjoy fast-track nomination, please complete our EC Fast-track Form after you have submitted your official application (OPEN NOW) to HKAI LAB by 10 Apr 2022 (Sunday).
Key Dates* of the 7th HKAI LAB Accelerator Program:
- 21 Mar 2022 (Mon): Online Webinar: AI Technology and Career Opportunities
- 10 Apr 2022 (Sun): Deadline of HKUST x HKAI LAB Fast Track Application
- 19 Apr 2022 (Tue): Official deadline of Accelerator Program Application
- 20-21 Apr 2022 (Thur-Fri): Interview day for selected fast-track applicants
- 2-8 Jun 2022 (Thur-Wed):Result announcement shortlist applicants (Include Unsuccessful Interview Fast Track)
*Tentative schedule is subject to the final arrangement by HKAI LAB
- Interested students & teams who applied for the Program and attended the Online Webinar will have higher priority in the preliminary round of fast-track selection.
- Selected fast-track applicants are required to attend the Interview arranged by HKAI LAB and go through the selection process. No guarantee on admission of the Accelerator, subject to the overall performance & final decision of HKAI LAB.
- Application will be accepted even if the business legal entity has not yet been registered at the time of submission. However, if the startups are selected to the Accelerator Program, they must complete the business registration before the program begins.
Details of Online Webinar: AI Technology and Career Opportunities
Date: 21 Mar 2022 (Mon)
Format: Online webinar
- Why is the AI technology important nowadays?
- How do we grasp opportunities from the AI trend?
Registration Deadline: 17 Mar 2022 (Thur)
Registration Link: Register through EC App / Here
Remark: successful registrants will receive the zoom link before 18 Mar
Mr. Timothy Leung (Executive Director of HKAI Lab)
Timothy is Executive Director of the HKAI LAB, has accumulated over 20 years of experience in the Information and Internet field. Timothy is strong at business strategic planning and implementation. He had managed direct sales teams and channel partners for technology products and internet services, such a background equipped him with comprehensive experience in sales, marketing, product development and senior management.
Mr. Ivan Lau (Co-founder of Pantheon Lab Limited)
Ivan masterminds behind the innovative products from the tech companies. He co-founded across the APAC region and builds cutting-edge technology for industries. Ivan also worked as a software engineer at Thales and SAP in Canada and studied Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering at University of British Columbia, Canada
Mr. Kelvin Tang (Co-founder & CEO of Pons Company Limited)
Kelvin‘s international career has spanned across incredibly diverse industries: technology (strategy & operations), management consulting, investment banking (equity derivatives), rock music and neuroscience. Previous companies include: Flashbay (overseeing 800 employees worldwide); a Boston Consulting Group (BCG) company, Expand; Deutsche Börse; and Bank of China International (BOCI). Whilst a student, he co-founded and sang for PANDORA, an award-winning HK independent rock band. He studied BSc Neuroscience at UCL, and holds a CEMS Master's double-degree in International Management at the LSE and Università Bocconi.
Online Webinar: AI Technology and Career Opportunities will cover:
- Journey of startup
- Accelerator Program of HKAI Lab
- Career opportunities