HKUST x HKTDC: Briefing Session of Start-up Express 2022 & Seek Nomination to the Programme
26 Apr 2022 23:59
Enquiry Email :
Organised by :
HKUST Entrepreneurship Center & HKTDC
Start-up Express is Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC)'s highly curated start-up development programme that targets start-ups offering innovative and tech products or solutions, as well as with strong desire to enter the international market. Through a series of capability building, mentoring sessions, marketing activities, extensive publicity, and pitching opportunities, the programme aims to assist local start-ups in building connection, exploring markets, seeking business and funding partners, and enhancing brand awareness.
Details of the Briefing Session on 19 Apr 2022 (Tue)
How to get into this flagship programme offered by HKTDC? Interested HKUST students and startups are recommended to join this Briefing Session get more details of programmes and experience of past HKUST winning teams. Mr. Kevin Ho (Section Head, Start-up and Innovation, HKTDC) will come to share the tips with you all and details on how to get HKUST EC nomination will be shared in the briefing session as well. We highly recommended HKUST startups to join the Start-up Express to accelerate your startup development with the strong and resourceful support offered by HKTDC.
Date: 19 Apr 2022 (Tue)
Format: Online webinar
The Briefing will cover:
- A deep dive into the Start-up Express 2022 programme’s details and selection criteria;
- Information on the benefits for the programme’s winning cohort including;
- Sharing from past winners on their Start-up Express journey and tips on application and pitching!
- Kevin Ho (Section Head, Start-up and Innovation, HKTDC)
- Anushka Purohit (Co-founder, HKUST startup Breer)
- Kyle Wong (Co-Founder & CEO, HKUST Startup PanopticAI)
Registration Deadline: 14 Apr 2022 (Thur)
Registration Link: Here /Register through EC App
Remark: successful registrants will receive the zoom link before 18 Mar
Nomination by HKUST EC for joining Start-up Express 2022
All interested start-ups are recommended to join us in this Briefing Session to get more first-hand information from the HKTDC! HKUST students/ startups who are interested and would like to seek HKUST EC nomination to the Start-up Express Programme, please complete our EC Fast-track Form after completion of the official application (HAS OPENED) to HKTDC. Deadline of seeking HKUST EC nomination is on 26 Apr 2022.
Key Dates* of the HKTDC Start-up Express 2022:
- 19 Apr 2022 (Tue): HKUST x HKTDC Start-up Express Briefing Session
- 26 Apr 2022 (Tue): Deadline of HKUST x HKTDC Fast Track Application
- 04 May 2022 (Wed): Official deadline of HKTDC Start-up Express 2022
*Tentative schedule is subject to the final arrangement by HKTDC
- Interested students & teams who applied for the programme and attended the Briefing Session will have higher priority in the preliminary round of fast-track selection.
- No guarantee on admission of the programme, subject to the overall performance & final decision of HKTDC.
Past HKUST Winning Teams in the Start-up Express
Miss Anushka Purohit (HKUST startup Breer Limited; Winning team of the Start-up Express 2021)
Mr. Kyle WONG (HKUST startup PanopticAI Limited; Winning team of the Start-up Express 2021)
A HealthTech start-up developing a camera-based health and wellness monitoring solution which transforms the camera of your smartphone, tablet or computer to a physiological measurement device with medical grade accuracy. The company’s vision is simple – to create a safe, healthy and productive environment in every city, workplace and home.
Rundown of the HKUST x HKTDC Start-up Express 2022 Briefing Session:
Part 1: 3:00-3:15pm Introduction on HKTDC’s start-up initiatives and the Start-up Express Programme (15 mins)
Part 2: 3:15-3:45pm Chit-chat with past winners (30 mins)
Part 3: 3:45-4:00pm Q&A (15 mins)